Earl Grey Infused Cookies
Tea and cookies
I’m tea lover, that’s a well-known fact. But I’m also a cookie lover so I sought out a recipe to incorporate both things, which is where this Earl Grey Infused Cookie recipe comes from! Adapted from this recipe over on Design Love Fest, they were delicious and all gone by the next day.
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp of loose leaf earl grey tea
- 2 tbsp of hot milk
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- pinch of cardamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of chocolate chips (or a chocolate bar chopped up)
- Steep 1 tsp of earl grey tea in a mug with hot milk for 15 minutes. While the tea is steeping, grind the remaining tbsp of earl grey tea in a coffee grinder or a blender.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, ground tea, salt, cardamon and nutmeg in a bowl until combined.
- Mix the butter and sugars together, which can be done either by hand or with an electric mixer. Add the egg, vanilla extract and milk until all combined. Gradually start adding the flour until it’s all in before adding the chocolate into the mixture too.
- Scooping out a heaped tablespoon of cookie dough at a time, place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave a couple of inches of space around each cookie as they will spread a little.
- Place the tray into the oven and allow to bake for 10-12 minutes.